Friday, May 10, 2013

Through the eye's of a child!

Arriving at Sunday school Sunday morning I was greeted in the parking lot by an always enthusiastic 7-year old boy by the name of Conner. As usual he was eager to help me in any way he could to get things ready for the morning service. I had to leave church for a few minutes to run an errand for a friend and upon returning, Conner's dad showed me a video he took of Conner while I was gone. In the video Conner was standing in front of the church holding a microphone and practicing preaching. Immediately I asked Conner's dad if it would be ok if I ask.....
Conner to preach, "I think he's going to ask you if he can," dad replied, and sure enough Conner asked.

The Holy Spirit had set the stage and Conner was ready. His message was short and sweet. It lasted only a few minutes, but was filled with heaven's splendor as explained through the understanding of a small child. Everyone listening was truly blessed as he talked of God's amazing love, saying, "You can't love God more than he loves you." He spoke of both heaven and hell encouraging everyone listening to choose heaven by receiving God's great gift of love (Jesus). Anyone listening could have been saved by the simple message of God's truth pouring forth from the heart of this 7-year old boy!

I've been in many services over the years, but this was truly an amazing event. It's not very often you get to hear a 7-year old boy preach his first message, I know this was a first for me! The gospel message is a simple message as demonstrated by Conner. The pure gospel., unlike religion doesn't demand that you jump through hoops or perform a ballerina act to please God; the gospel simply tells of God's great love for humanity and how he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross in our place. Our part in the message of the gospel is to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment