Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Self Deliverance...


Thank God, God delivered me from me. When I become self conscious, self dependent, self serving, self righteous, self..self..self; then self absorbed is all I can be. As long as me is all I can see; it makes it impossible for me to have faith. The bible teaches that we are to LOOK UNTO JESUS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH, Hebrews 12:2. True deliverance from self comes by looking unto Jesus. God prefers us to be Christ conscious; the devil wants us self conscious. As Christians are easily defeated when self is our main focus. Victory is always ours while we are focusing on Jesus! Permanent change in us is impossible as long as we look to ourselves for change. But the moment we take our eyes off ourselves and look at Jesus and the finished work of the cross we are effortlessly changed by the glory of the living God! It is impossible to remain the same when looking at Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment